 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / LEGO Sets / 101
Re: Set ???? Star Wars B-Wing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 18:01:49 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, John VanZwieten writes:

Jeff Stembel <Dragonelf1@aol.com> wrote:
Durn You!  Ya beat me to it.  :)  Oh, well, I guess I should finish the
Datsville shopping center anyways.  :)

Jeff

P.S.  From what I can tell, you've got it pretty much correct.  A couple
tiny errors, like the 1x2 tiles on the wings should be grille tiles, but not
much beyond that.  Good Job!  :)

Thanks,

Those tiles looked to me more like patterns that grilles, but now I think your
right.  Do you think the 1x2 tiles near the hinges on the wings are also
grilles?  Any  other errors you see?

Hmmm...  No, I don't think so, but they're hard to see.  1x2 tiles are probably
best for now.
Other errors?  Well, the two wedges and hinge base on the cockpit nose should
be gray, not dark gray.  I think all the black (except for the six guns) on the
wings should be dark gray.  Can't say for sure, though.  I think the trans-red
1x1 plates should be solid red, and the 1x1 cylinder plates on the guns should
be trans-orange.  Again, I can't be certain.  Beyond these things, I dunno.

Also, I need suggestions as to how the whole thruster thing on the back is
connected.

-John Van

Well, it looks like the blue in the back is at least two plates thick.  Maybe
part of it is a 1x2/1x4 bracket?  Add a second one, and I think that is how the
thrusters are connected.

Jeff
"But first, do you want to go home for noodles?"