 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 869
Re: Comments on models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 17:19:48 GMT

I'm not a CAD modeller.  Are these models rendered somewhere for
the casual observer to see?  A revised version of this post with
links to a rendered image of each model would be most, *most*
appreciated =) ...  if that's not too much trouble.   Or should
I plow through all the old posts, as Djelle did?

--

jthompson@esker.com   "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"

In lugnet.cad.dat.models, Mogens Sørensen writes:
I have just finished looking trough all the old posts in
lugnet.cad.dat.models. And off course I kept some of the models I really
liked. Maybe I will try to build them later.

I now fell the urge to give at comment on those. I haven't actually seen all
the models. Houses especially isn't me.

C&C Nod Buggy by Jonathan Wilson:
I am planning to make a Mad Max theme. And this is a could be a inspiration.
It's light and yet rich with details.

Colonial Viper by Bram Lambrecht:
Wow. This is truly a well designed craft. Even though I don't like
Battlestar Galactica :-)

Copier by Bram Lambrecht:
I was devastated when I fist saw this on a homepage (Must have been Bram's)
and couldn't find the dat-file. It is so nice. It is just that little thing
that I could place on my monitor, to remind me off what a genius product
Lego is. If I have had the pieces :-)

Lamborghini Countach by Thomas Burger:
I usually don't like these minifig.-cars. But this one so cool. A must try
to build.

Droid (and E5, E9) by Duane:
This could make a great theme. I hope to see more of those. What about
putting some in a row and make a caterpillar?

MKM16 (and MKM15) by Jeremy H. Sproat:
What is it's name? Is it MKM16 as in the dat-file? Or is it LMK? This is my
favourite. It got all the qualities I like. It's small, It's detailed and
it's a mech. Keep them coming.

Team Transport by Joseph Gonzalez:
This is a simple yet convincing model. I don't know why. But this reminds me
of a old TV-show I use to see. Its Danish title was (translated) Moonbase
Alpha. But as I remembers, it's original title was Space 1999.

Willys Jeep by Fredrik Glöckner:
I did only see this, because off other replies that I read. This could have
been a original Lego-model. Just needs the accessories.

In the near future I will post my fist try of a model in MLcad. ED-209 from
Robocop. So that I can get some comment as well :-)

Djelle alias Mogens Sørensen