 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 1694
Re: Mosque, minifig scale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 19:50:54 GMT

"Jacob Sparre Andersen" <sparre@nbi.dk> writes:

Nice model. I like the way the roof hinges open. I know that this is
a small mosque (probably in a poor village), but shouldn't the walls
be chalked white?

Thanks!  You are right in assuming that the mosque is a small one.  It's
not the major type in which you would find a friday cermon, rather a
small one for a local community.

I think that many mosques in the central Middle East would be chalked
white.  But keep in mind that you find mosques all over the world,
especially in Africa and Asia.  In Africa, you would find many mosques
made out of local unpainted stones, and other materials.

You still have a point though, that the colour sheme is bad.  It is far
too single coloured.  I've thought about using other colours for some
features of the building, for example a grey roof (except the dome).  Or
perhaps other shemes would be better?

Fredrik