 CAD / LDraw Files / Ideas / 6
  Re: Realistic landing gear for x-wing  [DAT]

Here's the landing gear I added to my X-Wing. The studs on the rear landing gear should go in the middle of the engines, and I attached the front landing gear on the nose right before the body gets wider. (If only hull bricks were only 1 brick (...) (25 years ago, 16-May-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.ideas)

  Re: Realistic landing gear for x-wing

(...) It looks simple, and easy to do. Now why couldn't TLG have made the effort to do something similar, instead of the el-lamo hack they used? -- Terry K -- (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.ideas)

  Re: Realistic landing gear for x-wing

because they seem to want to use the "bridge" piece as much as possible :) i am surprised that lucasfilm let them use such an awful landing gear. probobly because TLG used the argument that to make anything good they would need to make a new piece (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.ideas)

  Re: Realistic landing gear for x-wing

My gear modifications are very close to yours, Bram. My rear gear is almost exactly like yours, in fact, except I only used one cylinder brick on each side, placed at the rear portion of the 1x2 tile. I used a similar concept that you used on the (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.ideas)

jonathan wilson <wilsonj@xoommail.com> wrote in message news:FBv3Dv.HF6@lugnet.com... (...) probobly (...) to (...) I have heard about Lucas apparently vetoing set designs, but are we sure they actually did? I am currently re-working my Y wing to (...) (25 years ago, 18-May-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.ideas)