 CAD / 9764
9763  |  9765
Subject:
megapov install trouble
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 27 Apr 2003 20:26:01 GMT

When I try to launch megapov (which I've installed in my pov-ray bin directory)
I get the following error:

cannot find Home entry in registry.
This entry should have been set by the installation program.
If you did not install using the correct installation procedure, please do this
before running POV-Ray for Windows. Otherwise, consult the README.DOC file that
should have come with this executable file.

I get this when running megapov.exe, which is installed in the pov-ray bin
directory (where the pvengine.exe file is located). There was no README.DOC
file with that program, but it did come with an install.txt file, which only
says to put the megapov executable in pov-ray's bin directory and to use it
instead of pov-ray.

I've installed pov-ray 3.5 and it works well, LGEO parts and all. Do I need to
downgrade to 3.1?

FWIW I'm running win2000. I once again plead Windows mercy. What is this
registry entry supposed to be, what did I not run that I was supposed to, and
how might I get this entry in the registry.

Thanks,
Amy