 CAD / 9212
    Re: LSynth 2.0 Available —Kevin Clague
   (...) I'm pretty excited about that one myself. Currently it really only handles rubber bands as belts. I also need to add (because I need it in a model) the ability to have non-planar belts, and non-belts (constrained by bricks, liftarms and such). (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

        Re: LSynth 2.0 Available —Orion Pobursky
   (...) This is basically what I wanted to suggest. Fredrik's (and therefore my) method is probably what should be used. I really want all bendible part synthesis to be united under one program. -Orion (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

        Re: LSynth 2.0 Available —Kevin Clague
   (...) Me too. I'd also like it to be integratable into development environments. This is why the actual synthesizer is a simple ASNI C program that can be accessed via command prompt methods, whether that be unix or windows, and all the actual (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

        Re: LSynth 2.0 Available —Orion Pobursky
     (...) A simple fix to reduce the file size some what is to limit the amount of digits in the synthisized part. For example, I noticed that lsynth writes 10.000000 instead of just 10. Also I think 3 or 4 decimal places is accurate enough (although (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

        Re: LSynth 2.0 Available —Tim Courtney
   (...) I STRONGLY suggest to Michael he work on a plugin architecture for MLCAD and publish the specs. Then anyone can write MLCAD plugins without Michael having to do all of the work to integrate the 3rd party generators. It should free up some time (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

        Re: LSynth 2.0 Available —Kevin Clague
   Tim and Michael, I'd love to see this feature as well, although it is easy to say from the outside. We have no idea how MLCAD is orgranized, so this may be pretty hard to do, especially getting nice preview images of synthesized parts. Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)