 CAD / 909
908  |  910
Subject:
hey gyug... a suggestion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 14:27:01 GMT

lately i've been playing with LDLite a great deal.. since i was compiling my
mega-list of views that i posted, i've been going in a changing the current
view from within LDLite (as opposed to changing the view in LDAO, launching
LDLite, closing LDLite, choosing a different view in LDAO, launching LDLite
again, etc)... one thing that would be nice in the LDLite view dialog would be
the ability to translate the model's position... in other words, have the
LDraw/LDAO "offset" settings as a part of the LDLite view options..

just a suggestion.. that's the only time i ever have to launch a new LDLite
window, when i want to translate the model's position a bit...

hmmm.. and didn't someone (i think it was in Steve's future plan for LDAO) have
the idea to code a routine to automatically center the model in the
viewport...lars did this well in L3P when it creates the POV file... probably
would mean parsing the .DAT once to determine the model's bounding box, and
then parsing it again to actually draw the elements (translated to fit
said bounding box within the viewport)... but still, it would be a nice
option...