 CAD / 8989
Re: Announcing the book "Lego Software Powertools"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.books, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:36:56 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.cad, Mike Walsh writes:

I like Amazon's price better - any idea when it will start shipping?

The book should be shipping one week before Christmas.

Don't forget if you decide to order this or any other book, consider going
through the link from LUGNET(tm) to Amazon(tm) so LUGNET gets the spiff...

Absolutely

me, I think I'll wait a while yet.

People whose work is mentioned in the book will get free copies - and
hopefully some will review it. We've tried to both bring in new people into
the system and to intrigue the experienced users. The book starts with
opening Mlcad for the first time and gets more specialized as it advances,
providing all along handles to expand the hobby in different and personal
ways. To the more experienced users, I would point out details like the very
useful rotation matrices explanation (great job, Kevin!) or shedding light
on some of the most obscure meta-commands. For the rookie, an important
advantage is the big picture view of the system, which is hard to find
elsewhere yet it is also very useful in the initial steps.