 CAD / 8991
Re: Announcing the book "Lego Software Powertools"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.books, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:49:37 GMT

In lugnet.cad, James Trobaugh writes:
This is very cool, I see from the TOC that there are lots of plugs for our
favorite LEGO web pages as well...nice.

The book is indeed designed with a view to bring in new people into the
hobby. We listed a sample of key sites. Some are dead obvious (Lugnet,
Ldraw.org & Brickshelf), but deciding which others to include was a painful
process. Both Kevin and I have our own websites and thus fully appreciate
the time and effot that goes into maintaining them (and know that even
moderate success just brings in a lot more work!). There are many sites
which did not make it and should be there. Still, the idea is to get juices
flowing in the reader's head - and not to provide a comprehensive list.
That's what Lego is all about, right?

Was there any issue with putting all of the different freeware on a disk? I
though Tim had tried this once before but ran into some issues...but I could
be thinking of something else.

It was Kevin and our editor, Jon, who sorted that out. I am not sure about
the details but we definitely sought and obtained permission from all
interested parties.