 CAD / 8902
  A Portable Modeling CD for Holiday Travels?

All right, I may be in way over my head here, but here goes anyway: Firstly, let me give you an idea of what we're up against. I'm certainly computer literate, maybe even computer handy. I am not, however, a computer guru. Speak slow, give (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: A Portable Modeling CD for Holiday Travels?

Shaun, Not sure if this will help you or not, but there is an old dos command named SUBST, which will substitute a drive letter and path for another. For instance you could type Subst L: D:\ and that will create an L drive on your system that refers (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: A Portable Modeling CD for Holiday Travels?

Not too much to add except this... drive letters can be used not only for things like CDs but also for subdirectories of existing hard drives. (1) So you could set up a directory like C:\mumble\LDrawCDimage\ then do a NET USE like net use l: (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad)