 CAD / 8668
  Re: dragNdrop (Was: Ldglite must be faster)

"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam....away.com> skrev i meddelandet news:H218Ln.8Hn@lugnet.com... (...) If you read Pascal, take a look at the LDList source, it is both source and sink for the D&D of LDRAW parts that I (and Steve) defined. Otherwise I (...) (22 years ago, 7-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: dragNdrop (Was: Ldglite must be faster)

(...) I examined the source (aren't you glad you posted it) and now I can drag in a part from LDList (cool!), but I'm still not sure about the rest of the 'protocol'. What's the point of the X and Y coordinates? And is it the empty message that (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: dragNdrop (Was: Ldglite must be faster)

(...) OK, I got multiline paste to work, but it just dumps them all in the same spot for now. I also experimented with pasting in a peeron inventory with quantity and all, but the part numbers don't always match up and the colornames definitely (...) (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: dragNdrop (Was: Ldglite must be faster)

I don't exactly have an algorithm for "spread out parts", all I really have done is to find an empty spot when dropping one part. Along a line collect up the intersection of all bounding boxes of other parts; find an interval that your part fits (...) (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: dragNdrop (Was: Ldglite must be faster)

Happy day... inspired, I learned how to implement window drag & drop in BrickDraw3D, and made part list and part viewer windows send each other a string (part id). Still no dragging into a model, but, it's a start. For the curious, I made (...) (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: dragNdrop (Was: Ldglite must be faster)

(...) Are you still keeping the SourceForge CVS archive up to date? I'm curious what the dragNDrop code looks like on MacOS. I suppose it's different for OSX though. (...) I take a bunch of different drop/paste 'protocols' on the Windows version and (...) (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: dragNdrop (Was: Ldglite must be faster)

(...) No, it's not up to date because I don't have broadband without firewall. Here's all I had to write. Mac Drag Manager calls are the ones with :: global scope. A lot of magic is hidden in the base class constructor (LDragAndDrop) and more magic (...) (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad)