 CAD / 804
Re: Can we get the wheels on straight?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 14:07:19 GMT

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999 23:25:34 GMT, legoverse@geocities.com (Terry K)
wrote:

I agree that having parts every-which-way can be annoying.  And it would be
nice to have everything facing one direction.

But you hit the nail on the head with your last line.  Doing that would really
screw up a _lot_ of old models.
So I would weigh the slight annoyance of having to rotate a part when building,
against the outcry of protest coming from all those people who have to go back
and fix old models.....   No contest.

What could be done, as an ongoing effort, is this:

Whenever parts are moved to new numbers, the alignment is corrected.
The stub-file for the old number (with the "~Moved to" title) can put
the part back to its earlier orientation.

Obviously, this isn't going to make a big difference, because not all
parts will be updated to new numbers.  But it would address the issue,
when it is practical to do so.

Steve