 CAD / 792
Re: Can we get the wheels on straight?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 23:28:49 GMT

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999 21:26:05 GMT, blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve Bliss) wrote:

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999 18:25:57 GMT, "onyx" <onyx@flash.net> wrote:

This is, no doubt, going to be a pain for some people... but i was wondering if
we could initiate a "standard" on the orientation of wheels... i noticed
that the "giant space wheel" is rotated 90 degrees in relation to the "medium"
and "small" versions... no biggie... but it's just sloppy and a pain that
slapping a wheel into a model may involve rotation just to get it oriented the
same as similar wheels.. it's the same story with the "technic 24x43"... we
could easily rotate the entire .dat file and then update the part... i KNOW
this would cause chaos in every model file that already has these parts in
it...

Ooo, ick.  Yes, this should be corrected.

Steve

I seem to have ignored the principle question in my last reply.

I agree, a standard should be made for orientation of new wheels/tyres.
I am opposed to altering present pieces, though.

-- Terry K --