 CAD / 7589
  Installtionn of Terregen (was Re: Create Terrains and import to POV)

(...) If any of you are having trouble installing the Terragen application and it's plug-ins here is part 1 of the tutorial I am working on. The FINAL tutorial (installation, useage, getting a scene into POV, and meshing with your model will be done (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Installtionn of Terregen (was Re: Create Terrains and import to POV)

(...) <grreat tutorial draft snipped - see earlier> (...) Thanks for all that work, AHui. Having just installed Terragen on Win98 (as well as everything else thanks to a hard drive failure), I'll attest to the painless nature of that install. I look (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Installtionn of Terregen (was Re: Create Terrains and import to POV)

Note for all of us XP users, the compatibility mode for Terragen needs to be set on Windows 98 for ANYTHING to work. (...) <snip> tutorial draft (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad)

  No tutotial for Terregen (was Re: Create Terrains and import to POV)

Okay after further review of the two wonerful 3D scene generator programs that we have discovered [Terragen ((URL) Forestor (URL) I have concluded that I won't be creating a tutorial for them (at least no time so.) Why? Well, stop and think about (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: No tutotial for Terregen (was Re: Create Terrains and import to POV)

In lugnet.cad, Ahui Herrera writes: <basic premise snipped> (...) I fall into the intermediate camp. I do think a set of Ldraw/PoV/Terragen specific tips would be useful. You're 100% corrrect that there's no need to write tutorials for the programs (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: No tutotial for Terregen (was Re: Create Terrains and import to POV)

<snip> (...) Try the forester program it is much easier to use and can handle the terregen format. (23 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad)