 CAD / 7551
Re: LDraw.org MOTM/SOTM voting for March is open
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 11:22:43 GMT

Jacob Sparre Andersen <sparre@nbi.dk> writes:

That's more or less what I have done.  The problem is to automate
the replacement of 1x1 plates with larger pieces in a sensible way.

This sounds quite a bit like the subject of my major thesis.  One way
to go is probably to set up some kind of measure which credits the use
of large pieces, and then run a Markov Chain Monte Carlo method to
reach some (local) optimum.  This tast may be somewhat computer
intensitive...

Fredrik