 CAD / 7458
Re: Proposed LDraw Updater
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 17:24:09 GMT

Leo,

I used your updater (under Virtual PC on my Mac) and it worked fine.
Did you ever document how it communicates with ldraw.org?

What about a clear and simple protocol to put into other programs. For
instance, if an update protocol is defined in terms of http, I can use
standard libraries to quickly put that into my app so that there can be a
menu item for checking for updates.

-Erik

In lugnet.cad, Leonardo Zide writes:

I wrote a program to update the LDraw library from ldraw.org about 1 year
ago and Jacob even set up a directory for it on the website (don't know if
it's linked to the parts tracker now). I've sent it to a few people for
comments but the project just died waiting for the library license and comments.

Leonardo

In lugnet.cad, Ahui Herrera writes:
I'll like to get people's feeback on this to see if a) it's needed and b)
did I miss anything.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jediagh/LDrawDev/proposedldrawupdater.pdf

Thanks
-AHui

For the technically inclinded I will be doing the Updater (if needed) using
VB 6 Service Pack 5.  Utlimatley I want to see this updater installed at the
same that that the LDraw Installer (which I'm almost done with) installs the
rest of the LDraw Tools....