 CAD / 7444
Re: Proposed LDraw Updater
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 23:53:15 GMT

Hello Ahui,

someone wrote already something likes this. I don't remember right now who
it was.

"Ahui Herrera" <jedi_agh@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I'll like to get people's feeback on this to see if a) it's needed and b)
did I miss anything.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jediagh/LDrawDev/proposedldrawupdater.pdf

For the technically inclinded I will be doing the Updater (if needed) • using
VB 6 Service Pack 5.  Utlimatley I want to see this updater installed at • the
same that that the LDraw Installer (which I'm almost done with) installs • the
rest of the LDraw Tools....

Ugh... please no VB. An updater should contain only an .EXE file without
need ing to install it. VB normally needs dll's or required vb*.dlls and
because of this an required installer that bundles all this. Deploying
software with VB is a pain in the butt. But thats another story ;).

Just an .exe file you start with a click would be nice. No installation
needed.
Imho should it only update the library. It could check for newer version of
3rd party tools, but i wouldn't agree to an update of 3rd party tools using
the installer.

Play well

Carsten