 CAD / 7395
Re: New tool: LDDesignPad 0.3 for LDraw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 20:52:09 GMT

Hello Tore,

In deed a great program!
Hassle-free installation, opens as fast as NotePad, drag-n-drop files into
workspace.

Thank you very much!

I miss an L3Lab button, but since I don't use LDView, I renamed a copy of
L3Lab.exe to LDView.exe and thus fooled LDDesignPad. :o)

Ok.. Next version there will be a button for this. ;)

Also, if the program is started without loading a file and you click Open,
it starts in My Documents folder. I would prefer either last folder • browsed
or LDraw BaseDirectory.

It always is using the directory where you last opened a file. At least it
does it here.. i will check on it.

Some more settings could be scannned for in the
%windir%\LDraw.ini file instead of user has to define.

(my ldraw.ini)
[LDraw]
BaseDirectory=C:\Grafik\LDraw
Author=John Smith
LDLite=C:\Program\Grafik\LDraw\LDLite
L3Lab=C:\Program\Grafik\LDraw\l3lab

I know Steve Bliss doesn't like that I put the Author key in the [LDraw]
group, but I forgot to move it and now I don't know how many different
unpublished programs I have pasted that code into (plus one or two
published). I suggest we use it, it's good in applications like this, so • you
don't have to enter your name each time you inserted a standard header.

I could look for this header the first time it's starting up and make it
editable inside the options dialog.

Delphi has a really handy set of IniFile functions - thanks Anders • Isaksson
for pointing me to them - and it would surprise me very much if C++ • doesn't
have similar functions. (You did write it in C++, didn't you? For some
reason, I got that impression.)

No.. its pure Delphi. To be specific: Delphi 4. So there is an Delphi
example project for the plugin in the plugins folder.

I saw this great emacs plugin for creating bendable objects. I am hoping
someone may be so brave transfer it to a plugin for LDDesignpad. The Plugin
can even have its own forms so you could even pop up message or dialog
boxes etc.

Thanks for a great program. With or without my suggested features
implemented, I will use it very much.

I am glad you like it!

Play well!

Carsten