 CAD / 737
Re: POV, LDLite and Perspective views
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 14:23:25 GMT

On Sun, 31 Jan 1999 09:10:50 GMT, Paul Gyugyi <paul@gyugyi.com> wrote:

Does anyone enjoy/prefer the perspective distortion that POV produces
over the orthographic view that LDRAW uses?

Sometimes, as long as it isn't over-done.  Models which look they are
being viewed through an apartment-door peephole aren't my favorite.

It might be easy to add that into LDLite by making the -a parameter
optionally
take a 4x4 matrix rather than the 3x3 it now uses.

That would be good.  How hard would it be for people to figure out the
right parameters to input to get the settings they want?

Would it make more sense to add a new view-setting parameter, which
would specify camera location & attitude?  This new parameter would be
an alternative to the -a param, and would imply perspective distortion.

Got Source?

Why yes, I do.  I posted the LDAO 2.0.2 source code.  :)
http://home.att.net/~blisses/ldao/source.html

Steve