 CAD / 721
    POV, LDLite and Perspective views —Paul Gyugyi
   Does anyone enjoy/prefer the perspective distortion that POV produces over the orthographic view that LDRAW uses? It might be easy to add that into LDLite by making the -a parameter optionally take a 4x4 matrix rather than the 3x3 it now uses. -gyug (...) (26 years ago, 31-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: POV, LDLite and Perspective views —Jeremy H. Sproat
     (...) I would love this. (...) I don't have source, however. :-( Cheers, - jsproat (26 years ago, 31-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: POV, LDLite and Perspective views —Steve Bliss
     (...) Sometimes, as long as it isn't over-done. Models which look they are being viewed through an apartment-door peephole aren't my favorite. (...) That would be good. How hard would it be for people to figure out the right parameters to input to (...) (26 years ago, 1-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: POV, LDLite and Perspective views —Jeff Boen
   this isn't specific to the topic presented, gyug... but one thing that i believe LDLite could use is a wireframe or bounding box view.. the reason??? because it would help greatly those of us who want to use Steve Blisses LDAO modeller with LDLite (...) (26 years ago, 1-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: POV, LDLite and Perspective views —Paul Gyugyi
   Wireframe is _much_ faster. About 70% of the time taken by ldlite for a model such as LL928 is spent filling in quads. However, wireframe gets messy after only a few bricks. I'm playing with ActiveX modellers, where you can move a slider bar and it (...) (26 years ago, 3-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: POV, LDLite and Perspective views —Karim Nassar
    (...) I''m not sure how you are doing the rendering, but what if only the active line (piece moved since last update) is done in wireframe... since that is the only piece "moving", if you don't have to redraw the whole rest of the model, it might (...) (26 years ago, 3-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: POV, LDLite and Perspective views —Jeff Boen
     (...) good idea Karim, after all, that's how LEdit does it.. fully coloring all blocks up to the current cursor point, then wireframing the current piece... i like that idea.. J (26 years ago, 4-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: POV, LDLite and Perspective views —Steve Bliss
   (...) The big issue is redrawing just the part that has changed. It would be nice to wireframe or highlight the current piece as well, but the speed thing is for LDLite to discover (or be told) which part of the file needs redrawing. Actually, more (...) (26 years ago, 4-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad)