 CAD / 6675
Re: Getting into Lego CAD (was Re: S/973p40a.dat ???)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 18:05:53 GMT

1.  What happened to the LDraw CD-ROM?

  The project is kind of on hold, we still want to do it but it looks like
it's not a very high priority and since this is only a hobby for all of us
it keeps getting pushed back. I was (still am ?) responsible for the Linux
part of the CD only, so this may not be the official answer to your
question.

2.  Why is the source code for LDraw not available?  And there seems to be
some vehemence about the subject too...

  Unfortunately not everyone likes open source software so the source is not
available. This is not a big deal since anyone with basic knowledge of
programming and linear algebra can write an LDraw renderer in a few hours.

Leonardo