 CAD / 6672
Re: Getting into Lego CAD (was Re: S/973p40a.dat ???)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 17:40:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kevin Wilson writes:
richard marchetti wrote in message ...
What is already present in this side of the hobby is GREAT!!!  But better
documentation for existing stuff (for the unbelievably cryptic LDAO
installation procedure maybe? I had to go back to LDraw.org and figure out
what I wasn't getting.) and a more robust authoring tutorial is needed.
To get into it right now, one has to be at least semi-tenacious  or
determined -- the way to proceed is not made clear.  There are dead links

I sympathise with Richard. I've been using a combination of MLCad, LDLite
and LDAO to produce kit instructions for more than a year now and although I
can do the basic things I need pretty easily, any time I want to do
something different it's a struggle to work out how. There are all these
wonderful add-on or helper programs in existence, but if I decide I need to
do "X", it's pretty hard to work out what I need in order to do it.

Right now I'm trying to find out how to change the edge colors on my
printouts so they are clearer (eg change the edge color for red to black
instead of the pinkish color it is now) and although I have dug up various
snippets of info they don't yet add up to an answer.

Yes, all of the ldlite meta-command extensions (including the 0 COLOR
command) used to be very neatly documented in the ldlite release notes
for version 1.6.  They have since disappeared from the internet and
do not appear in the current release notes.  :(  If I recall, there may
have been some sort of hard disk crash or web provider glitch to blame
for the loss.  Fortunately I squirreled away a copy when I started
working on ldglite.  I've uploaded it to the sourceforge here.

  http://ldglite.sourceforge.net/ldlite_1_6_b.zip

Hopefully gyug can cut and paste the missing documentation into the
current ldlite homepage real soon and solve this problem.  Or you can
use this quick hack where I attempted to cut and paste the missing
documentation onto the current page myself.

  http://ldglite.sourceforge.net/ldlite23plus.zip

Enjoy,

Don