 CAD / 6585
Re: New Car QTVR object.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 06:03:05 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
"James Reynolds" <james.e.reynolds@m.cc.utah.edu> writes:

This was not the animation:
http://www.geocities.com/partsref/attacker.html

It sounds like you are refering to this animation:

   http://folk.uio.no/fredrigl/technic/space/

This is definitely the animation.  Yup.

An update on my Lani project:  I have somewhat hit a snap in getting it do work
fully.  I like robots, and I want it to be able to animate them walking, so I
need my program to move/rotate foot, lower leg, upper leg, and hips while
swaying the rest of the body.  I could do this manually (and tried once), but it
would take forever to make movies like I want.  Basically, I have to rewrite
alot of the code (it's a lot for me--I'm not really a programmer).

Well, my snag, combined with an increase in work (the University of Utah's
security office wants my group, which maintains about 400 public lab
Macintoshes, to put authentication on them before the Olympics, about 3 months
away, in addition to everything else we are suppose to do), means I wont be
working on my program for awhile.

I haven't posted the code to my website because I don't want to just let it
loose, but I renew my offer to let anyone interested look at it and incorporate
it in anything they are doing.  I don't plan on ever doing a GUI, which is a big
bummer.  So if you have a GUI and want to add animation stuff to it, let me
know.

--

Thanks:

James Reynolds