 CAD / 6561
Re: New Car QTVR object.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 19:02:10 GMT

In lugnet.cad, James Reynolds writes:
I have put up the 144 dat files for download in zip format, and self
extracting (Mac and PC versions).

Where at? I can't seem to find them on your site.

So far my gallery has a full 360x360 rotation for the CAR.DAT in 2 sizes:
100x100 and 200x200.  If you want a 300x300, let me know (the file size will
be huge).

Yes, larger the better for me. 300x300px or 400px would be cool.

In responce to Jake's question:

Lani will produce only dat files with the proper angles for whatever Lani
was told to do.  You do not hand edit them, but will just render them with
whatever program you use (POV-Ray, LDraw, BrickDraw3D, or whatever).  Since
Lani isn't available, Lani isn't the emphasis I am trying to make.

What I am doing is trying to generate some interest in QTVR's by showing
that anyone can download the 144 dat files, replace their model name where I
have "CAR.DAT" (with a multi-file editor, I wouldn't want anyone to do this
by hand) and then they can render the 144 dat files into images with
whatever they want, and then they can take those images and make their own
QTVR's (and I am offering to make them into QTVR's if they can't find a
utility that meets their needs).

Ah! Ok, so what the program is doing and what you are doing in light of the
program not being finished are two different things!

I can't wait to see the files! Please point me in their direction!

Jake
---
Jake McKee
AFOL