 CAD / 6553
Re: New Car QTVR object.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 21:14:51 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jake McKee writes:
In lugnet.cad, James Reynolds writes:
I recreated the CAR.DAT QuickTime Virtual Reality object.

Sorry I am just now catching up on this. Can you explain what this is?

I made a webpage and here it is:  http://www.cc.utah.edu/~jer29950/lego/qtvr/

However, I made this webpage with the intention that I would be further along
than I am.  In other words, it speaks as if I have done things I haven't.  And,
I planned on having the actual dat file downloads available.  Because of my
little bug, I have to recreate them and make sure that they are correct.  I
figure I will have the dat files tomorrow or next week some time.

If you get the images (about 144), I would be willing to make the actual
QTVR's (it takes about 5 minutes).

Does your program auto-create these? If I wanted to make them myself, does
Lani handle that or do I need an additional piece of software?

No, Lani is not so robust and I don't anticipate I will have the programming
knowledge to get it that robust for at least, say, 5 years.

--

Thanks:

James Reynolds
http://www.cc.utah.edu/~jer29950