 CAD / 6515
Re: Minifig animation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 07:41:54 GMT

"Tore Eriksson" <tore.eriksson@mbox325.swipnet.se> writes:

Cool, really cool! I never thought of making the minifig lean to
and fro from left to right while walking.

Thanks!  Since the minifigs only have one leg joint, the only way they
can actually walk is by shifting the weight of their body.  So I made
him bob sideways while walking.  I think it gives him a bit more
character, as well as actually being realistic!

The test animation I recently made is 1.4 seconds at 14 fps and yet
470 kb, so I think I have to increase compression rate after all.

Perhaps you could save some compression by letting the camera be
static, but then again it's a bit more boring to watch.  As long as
bandwidth is limited, I think we'll have to live with compression.
It's a fact of life...

How do you make the sky and ground? I tried to copy Datsville's,
but had no success.

I simply copied both the sky and the ground off the demo files from
POV-Ray.  I think I used the skies3.pov or something like that.
Remember to flip the sky upside down, though, as LDraw uses negative Y
as upwards.  (Use "rotate".)

Fredrik