 CAD / 6264
    Re: Rendering Datsville with POV-Ray —Fredrik Glöckner
   (...) Perhaps you could do this automatically by applying the technique to every part for which the name only includes the words "brick", "plate" or "tile"? It must also include some kind of "2 x 4" notion, but if it does not contain anything else, (...) (23 years ago, 16-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Rendering Datsville with POV-Ray —Tore Eriksson
   (...) I didn't realize that simplifying could be so complicated. :o) I have already made a program that suggests all bricks, plates, and tiles to be replaced. Before it performs the replacing, the user has the chance to deselect those parts that (...) (23 years ago, 17-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Rendering Datsville with POV-Ray —Fredrik Glöckner
     (...) That sounds very clever to me! (...) Sorry for being unclear, I just meant that the name of the part should be "brick", "plate" or "tile", with some size spesification afterwards, but nothing more. If the name includes anything besides the (...) (23 years ago, 17-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Rendering Datsville with POV-Ray —Michael Horvath
   Tore, if you could create a tutorial while you're working on it on "How to Build Datsville", it might make a good addition to the reference section of ldraw.org. Anyway, it would give some information for people to chew on. Slap some screenshots on (...) (23 years ago, 17-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Rendering Datsville with POV-Ray —Tore Eriksson
   (...) I will - when I have figured it out myself! :o/ (...) Animations of Datsville is currently my overall objective with my all parallell LCad projects, and what keeps my going on! Didn't think of time-lapse, but that's a lovely idea! /Tore (23 years ago, 17-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad)