 CAD / 5844
Re: I've been published!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2001 20:06:53 GMT

Fredrik,
I just ordered your book.  Are there really a few part
images produced with LDLite?  That's so cool! :)

The soon-to-be-released 2.1 version of LDLite now lets you
set widths greater than 3, and draws both the type 1 and
type 5 lines in the thicker width.  Any other feature requests
for LDLite that I might squeeze in before the planned
July 4th release date?

-gyug

In lugnet.cad, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
Jaco van der Molen writes:

  What is this "Fredrik's patented "anti-aliasing" technique" you are
  speaking of?

It's a poor mans's anti aliasing technique.  You simply render the image
with wide edge lines at 300% and then scale it down by a factor of three.
The result has the effect of anti aliasing.  Here's an example:

LDLITE has the option of rendering with three times as wide type-2 lines,
which makes this possible.

ldglite can also do anti aliasing out of the box, so, in fact, you don't
need to use this technique anymore.

Fredrik