 CAD / 5637
  Dat to AutoCAD??

Hello, I was wondering if there is a dat to autoCAD converter? I'm not useing autoCAD,its InteliCAD, but the file format is the same. Thanks Gary Blessing (24 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Dat to AutoCAD??

This brings up a question I had, but I hadn't got around to asking. What program do you guys use to model the pieces? And can this program except input from other programs? (like Pro/E?) Thanks, -Jason (...) (24 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Dat to AutoCAD??

(...) People use a variety of programs. I use mostly LDAO's text editor, with some Notepad and Excel thrown in. Other people use MLCAD. Some people model in "real" 3D environments, and convert the results to DAT. Steve (24 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Dat to AutoCAD??

(...) input (...) You mean to tell me that using MLCAD, I could convert my .DAT files to AutoCAD Drawings (.DWG)? Please tell me that it's so! (...) (24 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Dat to AutoCAD??

James J. <jejackso@memphis.edu> wrote in message news:GAI7tz.3Hs@lugnet.com... (...) What (...) except (...) AutoCAD (...) Thats what I want to know. Gary- (24 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Dat to AutoCAD??

(...) I use Solidworks to build the parts and then stl2dat to convert them to .dat files Sometimes I use MLCAD to finalise the modelisation. stl2dat is on (URL) Klein A Mindstorms fan. (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Dat to AutoCAD??

(...) Uh, no. I didn't say anything like that. Search lugnet.cad.* on AutoCAD, maybe you'll turn something up -- I don't remember right now whether anything has been done in this direction or not. Steve (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Dat to AutoCAD??

(...) There is a DAT to DXF converter out there. Do a search for "DXF" in the .CAD group and see what you find. Unfortunately I do not know of a DAT to DWG converter. It would be nice since the translated DXF files use faces only, so no solid (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Dat to AutoCAD??

(...) Thanks! If anyone wants to know, the link is here (URL) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad)