 CAD / 5635
Re: ldglite version 0.8.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 16:46:04 GMT

"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam.go.away.com> writes:

What platform have you used the antialiasing on?  My linux test box only
has a 256 color unaccelerated video card.  The performance goes from poor
to unacceptable when I try to antialias on it.  Meanwhile the software only
opengl driver for windows doesn't show much if any change in speed, but I
do have a true color video card on that PC.

It's a 400MHz Pentium II with Matrox G200 video card.  At the time, I
was running Linux 2.2 and X Windows 3.x.  I don't think this combo did
any hardware acceleration.

When using anti aliasing, I didn't notice any performance drop at
all.  It was a fairly small model, but I still don't remember noticing
that the rendering was significantly slower.

I haven't tried ldglite since upgrading to Linux 2.4 and X Windows
4.0.  Perhaps this combo does some hardware acceleration?  It will
certainly be interesting to check it out!

Fredrik