 CAD / 5630
5629  |  5631
Subject:
ldglite version 0.8.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 17:50:06 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

LdGLite version 0.8.0 in now available.

This release makes two big changes.

I added a tiled rendering option for creating output images larger
than the screen.  Now linux users can create large size quality
instructions similar to those generated by ldglite in Windows.  Use
-Ux,y on the command line to build and save an image larger than the
screen made out of several tiles, each the size of the ldglite window.
This can be used in combination with the -W option for wide lines
and/or the -Q switch for antialiased lines to generate high quality
instructions.  Currently this dumps PPM files instead of BMP files.
PNG works, but transparent backgrounds and cropping are not supported
in tiled mode.  Ldglite automatically exits after saving the images
(much like the -MS mode).

I also got rid of the complete redisplay for every step when in step
mode. This should be a big speed boost for large models with lots of
steps since you don't have to wait for all the previous steps to
redraw before it renders the next step.

In addition, I made the gold and chrome colors shinier, and fixed some
bugs in twirl mode.

Get it here:

http://ldglite.sourceforge.net

Have fun,