 CAD / 5404
  Re: Windows 2000 and MIME Types?

(...) I just installed Win2K, and here's what I did: First, I ran L3Lab, and did "File | Register File Types | .dat and .mpd". I believe doing this will tell Windows what to do when it gets a file with extension .dat (and .mpd). That's great, but (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Windows 2000 and MIME Types

Hey, does anybody (besides me) use ldglite on Windows 2000? I tried to capture what Steve and Tim worked out on MIME type setup in Win2K for the ldglite README.TXT but I could use some verification that it works. Is anyone willing to try this out (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Windows 2000 and MIME Types

(...) I'll double-check this against my setup, when I have time. (...) It's kinda kludgy (from an app-design viewpoint), but you could include a parameter on ldglite (like -reg) to apply the registration settings. That way, users don't have to worry (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Windows 2000 and MIME Types

(...) I suppose I could do that, but I already feel a bit guilty about adding the non-portable code to read the base directory from the ldraw.ini file. I'd feel even worse about bloating ldglite with one time use windows only code to fatten up the (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad)