 CAD / 5605
Re: Windows 2000 and MIME Types
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 16:04:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse wrote:

Hey, does anybody (besides me) use ldglite on Windows 2000?
I tried to capture what Steve and Tim worked out on MIME type setup
in Win2K for the ldglite README.TXT but I could use some verification
that it works.  Is anyone willing to try this out for me?

I'll double-check this against my setup, when I have time.

Another alternative is to use a .reg file.  I think you can paste
the following into a file called ldglite.reg and run regedit ldglite.reg
to do it all at once.  Of course you have to edit the path to ldglite.exe
below before running regedit.  Is this too much work?  Perhaps I should
include a new program in the zip file to do this stuff?  Any thoughts on
this?

It's kinda kludgy (from an app-design viewpoint), but you could include a
parameter on ldglite (like -reg) to apply the registration settings.  That
way, users don't have to worry about pathing, and you don't have to worry
about documenting the pathing stuff for users.

To make it dead simple, you could include a regme.bat file with the
appropriate command.

This has been discussed before, but what would be really nice is a GUI tool
to manage the registration stuff for DAT, MPD, LDS (LDScript), LDL (LDLite)
and LeoCAD files.  I tend to use several different tools, and I hate it
when one tool overwrites the settings from a different tool.  Hmm, this
sounds like something LDAO should handle...

Steve