 CAD / 5332
  .dat files for legos

Does anyone know if there is a place either on lugnet or the web where the building instructions (in .dat format) for all or most of the lego sets that lego has made and we have on the lugnet set search are? Has anyone undertaken this project? (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: .dat files for legos

"Ahui Herrera" <jedi_agh@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:G7Kn7w.6rn@lugnet.com... (...) Ahui - LDraw.org has slated an 'Official Model Repository' for this purpose. The specifications for creating these files have been defined in past discussion (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: .dat files for legos

(...) Like Tim said, the LDraw.org Official Model Repository was going to be a central location for 'official' .dats. Unfortunately, we couldn't totally decide on a definite naming formula, and the one that we were using, at least for the time (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: .dat files for legos

I asked because I started to build up my .dat files this weekend on the exisiting sets I have. I figured that I should make electronic instructions of my sets in case I ever "lost/burn/destoryed" the original instructions. The naming issue of files (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: .dat files for legos

"Ahui Herrera" <jedi_agh@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:G7LJKu.yD@lugnet.com... (...) Interesting way of putting it... (...) Well, it would be great to get something going with the central OMR, and help is requested for the task - I and the others (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: .dat files for legos

(...) It's not explicitly written into the charter, no, but it's true that the two are metaphysically linked, and anything posted to .cad.dat.models.sets is fair game for the OMR to take from what it deems fit. --Todd (23 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.cad)