 CAD / 5334
Re: .dat files for legos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 21:31:10 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Ahui Herrera writes:
Does anyone know if there is a place either on lugnet or the web where the
building instructions (in .dat format) for all or most of the lego sets that
lego has made and we have on the lugnet set search are?  Has anyone
undertaken this project?

Thanks

ps.
I know that the building instructions for lego sets are somewhere on the
WWW.  But these insctruions are scans of the original books. What I'm
talking about are electrical version of these.

Like Tim said, the LDraw.org Official Model Repository was going to be a
central location for 'official' .dats. Unfortunately, we couldn't totally
decide on a definite naming formula, and the one that we were using, at
least for the time being, was not being followed by people submitting models
to .cad.dat.models.sets  I had built about 12 sets using this naming
formula, but most were created a while ago, so I really need to check to see
if any of the parts that were not created at the time have now been added.
I have over 100 models that I could do if I had them time, but school, other
activities, LDrawing my own models and building models with real bricks take
up time as well. If you are interested, I can try and clean up the ones that
I have done, and send them to you. Just let me know.

Ryan Dennett
http://207.5.95.93/dennett/lego/lego.htm