 CAD / 5336
Re: .dat files for legos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 04:18:11 GMT

"Ahui Herrera" <jedi_agh@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:G7LJKu.yD@lugnet.com...
I asked because I started to build up my .dat files this weekend on the
exisiting sets I have.  I figured that I should make electronic instructions
of my sets in case I ever "lost/burn/destoryed" the original instructions.

The naming issue of files I have already seen is a big problem especially
with sets that have multiple models to build.  But as I can see from the few
posts that I have read it seems that several ways of naming and files
systems at this time are in play for e-instructions.  So until the gods
above get there act together

Interesting way of putting it...

I guess I'm just going to continue to build up
my e-instructions and just post them on my website as I get them done.  At
the rate I am going I'm doing 2 sets per day.

Well, it would be great to get something going with the central OMR, and help is
requested for the task - I and the others at LDraw.org value input on how to do
this and have not extensively discussed and developed a solid plan.

Right now I can't devote a lot of time to new stuff like OMR - I'll be doing
good to organize the Reference area more and get mlcad.ldraw.org momentum going.
So - anyone want to help organize the OMR?  Please let me know and I will be
happy to work with you on it.
--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com