 CAD / 52
Re: Ldlite 1.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 06:29:07 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

Ha--cool!  So then, it's almost like LEdit in a way, except much higher
quality imagery?  What happens when you delete a line?

Currently ldlite re-parses the file from the beginning when you
reload, which is only tolerable because it is so fast.  I
envision a version that "checkpoints" after each step, saving
the bitmap and zbuffer, and starts from the last unmodified
step to make things faster.

Using LDAO with ldlite is really nice.  It kind of takes the edge
off my desire to write a new version of Ledit.  All that is
missing is the ability to highlight a few lines in the editor
and rotate the parts.

BTW, that shading feature really makes my day!  Hoo-ahh!

Thanks, I was hoping someone would like it.