 CAD / 164
Re: Ldlite 1.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 1998 16:52:42 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
Open an Explorer window (or any folder window).
Go into View | Options | File Types.
Locate the ldlite document item (if LDLite has already been run, this
file type should have been created).
Click the Edit button.
Enter "application/x-ldraw" in the Content Type (MIME) box.

Two things I don't know:

- If it's possible for LDLite to create this setting automatically

It should be possible. it's part of creating the file type association in
the registry..I'll dig up the data later and post it.

- If this is equivalent to setting the MIME type for Netscape

Yes, and no, if Netscape can't find a MIME type for something it falls back
on the Win95/98 registry to find MIME types in there..so this is actually
slightly more robust than just setting it in Netscape MIME types. (BTW it
is the only MIME type settinges for MSIE.

This took care of my problem with IE launching LDLite also.  The file
type was already there, so I just inserted application/x-ldraw into
the Content Type box.

THANKS!

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/  (discontinued thru Holiday season)
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)