 CAD / 5183
    Re: L3P Idea —Amnon Silverstein
   Great! However, is there a way to do substitions? For example, how about a fog object, that creates fog in whatever color you assign to it and a depth up to its position? e.g. something like: fog { distance 2000 color rgbt<%R, %G, %B, %T> fog_type 2 (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: L3P Idea —Lars C. Hassing
   (...) No. L3P (unlike e.g. L3Lab) doesn't keep track of the current color, and thus cannot substitute %R, %G, %B, %T. Colors are inherited, they come from the referencer. E.g. the _3001_dot_dat object is colorless, but gets the color from object { (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad)

        I'm getting leery (was Re: L3P Idea) —Jeff Boen
   (...) For what it's worth, I think I'd avoid taking L3P in this direction. I see L3P for what it is, a .DAT to .POV conversion tool, used for verts, lines, faces, etc. Before we start heading off into having .DAT versions of every possible .POV (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: I'm getting leery (was Re: L3P Idea) —Chuck Sommerville
   (...) I agree. POV commands are great for cleaning up the geometry. This was what I was really hoping for. However, if the command set is flexible enough for users to make their own custom parts for their private collections to do special effects (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: I'm getting leery (was Re: L3P Idea) —Amnon Silverstein
   I agree that a smoke puff shouldn't be in the library of Lego parts, since it isn't a Lego part and it is POV specific. However, having a directory of POV-specific .dat files for POV rendering is a perfectly reasonable thing for POV users to have, (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad)