 CAD / 5132
Re: *REPOST* LEGO Alpha team parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 17:12:47 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Austin Greenwood writes:
I heard from one of my friends that LEGO *might* produce a collectors
key-chain for some of the charictors from LEGO Alpha team.
Seeing as there might be *real* LEGO Alpha Team minifigs cooming soon, I
thought it may be fun to see if anyone could model some of minifig parts for
mlcad.
You could use the game manual or box as a source of pictures to go by.
And as they have not offically made the parts yet, they would not need to
named as normal parts, but simply as x1234, or maybe as
" 'charictor name'boydoypart, lego alpha team".
So, any one want to try model the parts, JUST FOR FUN?
DOES ANYONE OUT THERE CARE???!!!?
I JUST WANTED TO HAVE A FRINDLY *BUILD-OFF* AND SEE WHO COULD CREATE THE
BEST LOOKING PART... But since you guys have not replyed with an answer, i
have decided to scrap my parts i was working on. AND ALL THIS TIME I THOUGHT
YOU GUYS *ENJOYED* A GOOD BUILDING CHALLANGE. BUT I SEE NOW THAT THE ONLY
THING YOU GUYS ENJOY IS IGNORING POSTS BY *NEWBIES*/NEW PEOPLE WHO TRY TO
POST FOR THE FIST TIME...

Whoa, cool it sparky...  This is a news forum not a chat group.  Don't expect
to get answers to every post you make as soon as you post them.

First off I am not a CAD parts designer but I will say that most, if not all,
of the designers will only work with a part if they have it in hand.  Otherwise
creating parts is guesswork and that is not what they want to do.

Now take it easy and give someone a chance to respond to you if they want.  I
have been around for a couple years now and believe me not every post you make
with get a response.  There is no need to get upset about it.  You might try
some other groups on LUGNET as well to stimulate interest just don't expect to
always get an answer.

Finally forget the CAPS!  In general people will ignore them as they show bad
form.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/