 CAD / 5097
  need help with modeling 8860 steering

I am trying to model the 8860 Auto Chassis Expert Builder set (in POV-Ray) and am baffled by how to get its steering system right. Check out the front of the car in these pictures from the building instructions to see the section I'm referring to: (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad)

  RE: need help with modeling 8860 steering

(...) (URL) is the rack turntable) If you know the displacement of the steering rack, it shouldn't be too difficult to calculate length c. However, I haven't thought a whole lot about how the interior angles of the triangle relate to the rotation of (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad)

"Bram Lambrecht" <bram@cwru.edu> wrote in message news:MABBIBJJFOJIOHD...wru.edu... (...) out (...) the (...) Nicely done! Just last week I had to look up the Law of Cosines to position some technic beams. The "exercise" is a simple matter of (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad)