 CAD / 4967
Re: Is it appropriate to post large models here?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 18:10:58 GMT

Hello,

That makes me think:  is there a BMP2DAT program that uses the • direct-color
syntax of LDLite & MLCad?  Having RGB colors available would allow
model-makers to use lower resolution, which would reduce file size.

Hm... from my point of view that doesn't make a real difference. (As you
probably know ;)
I wrote BMP-2-LDraw32).

In some cases you wil get even a bigger file than before because the number
from 1-511 (about 300 colors / maximum use of 3 chars at per color) dont use
as much diskspace as RGB values . Even when RGB values are written
hexadecimal they use up to 6 chars, when written decimal up to 8.

Reducing the size of an bitmaps is mostly not a problem of resolution but
pretty much a post-work by hand ( you won't see any anti-alias at lego's
originals ;) ). All bitmaps I made for pieces are hand-overworked by me
before converting to DAT.

--
Greetings,

Carsten Schmitz