 CAD / 4904
    Re: New Partsref is pure bliss —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) I spent some time with it, and while i think it's really neat, I miss the old interface, is it still around??? What I like is the ability to see vast swaths of parts all at once, only one category click in. The current one is TOO (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.pun)

        Re: New Partsref is pure bliss —Jon Kozan
     (...) I liked the keyword feature. But it's really a bunch of already-run searches - what's the use of that? Just use the search box. I had to outsmart it, though, to get it to list all parts. I used a q=* switch. But I think that's the point, (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.pun)

         Re: New Partsref is pure bliss —Steve Bliss
     (...) KEYWORDS is an option that authors can include in their LDraw parts. So far, not many parts include KEYWORDS. For the /partsref/keyword/ page, I also compiled most of the words from the part names. The intent of the page is to let people look (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.pun)

         Re: New Partsref is pure bliss —Jon Kozan
     (...) You're correct, "multiple" can be different for each of us. OK, how's this? I think Todd's search limit is similar (maybe same code) to the search function for the set database... I'm proposing that it be over-ridden for these links. But even (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: New Partsref is pure bliss —Kevin Salm
     (...) After taking some time to explore the new setup, I agree with Larry on all points. I, too miss the old interface. It is one of the few sites where I found frames very useful in reducing mouseclicks. I suppose that once we get used to using the (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: New Partsref is pure bliss —Steve Bliss
   (...) Good to see Larry got the cross-posting right... (...) Umm, I'm confused -- the detail pages are essentially the same. Sure, they've got the new LUGNET-ish headers and footers, and now the 73 LDraw categories are arranged into a 2-level (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.pun)

        Re: New Partsref is pure bliss —Manfred Moolhuysen
   (...) I second Tom Stangl who said: (...) For me too, that worked very well. It enabled me to brouwse through several part categories very quickly after one another. I had some trouble to find certain part categories, but that was because I was used (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.pun)