 CAD / 4833
Re: BMP-2-LDraw32 homepage is up!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 17:47:25 GMT

"Carsten Schmitz" <casz@gmx.de> writes:

Also, do you intend to make your source available? Having
your program natively running on my Linux system (and / or adding
JPEG, GIF, whatever-you-can-think-of-and-netpbm-supports) has
a certain appeal to it ;-)

It is written in Delphi. As soon as I get Kylix into my hands (that's
basically Delphi for Linux) I'll do a port for sure. You need JPEG and
GIF-support? No problem.
I'lll include it in next release I think.

It would be wonderful if you compiled two versions, one
with click-and-drool-GUI and one for shell-heads like me who use
X just to open gazillions of xterms ;-)

Clicking through 3068pufo.dat with MLCad (hey, it is a
kind of source-level-debugger ;-) ) I think I got some ideas as
to how your algorithm works, but a look at the source would sure
be nice ;-)

I think I've got an idea how those single-pixel stripes
of the same color could be automagically merged into bigger Quads,
but I have to think a little harder about it (I'm not entirely
sure that my solution would always produce correct results). Then
again, I could possibly build a post-processor for reduce those
1300 lines in 3068pufo.dat a little bit ;-)

Regards,
Hakan

--
"Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature"