 CAD / 4596
Re: Parts names wanted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 14:01:44 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Franklin W. Cain wrote:

Unfortunately, many people use "beam" to refer to LDraw's
"Technic Brick" pieces.

So does LegoCo.
(E.g., "Small Beams and Plates", set # 5228,
on pg. 58 of the newest catalog I've received,
"Explore New Worlds" title.)
In my mind, that makes it "official".
(But then again, I could be wrong.)

Good point.  But I wouldn't accept the wording in a catalog as 'official'.

Are there any other labels we could use?
... maybe "Technic Tile Beam"? (yuck)

"Technic Rounded Beam"
"Technic Smooth Beam"
"Technic Softline Beam"

"Technic Beam (No Studs)"
"Technic Beam Studless"

Maybe.  But that implies there are "beams with studs".  And there aren't.
The traditional "technic brick with holes" is a different animule than the
new beams.

Steve