 CAD / 4460
    Re: Macintosh Ldraw part files. —Steve Bliss
   (...) Can Mac's typically extract from other archive formats, such as ZIP? How about ZIPs packaged as (PC)self-extracting files? There's been some discussion about switching the LDraw/LCAD distribution files from ARJ to ZIP. We haven't yet, because (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Macintosh Ldraw part files. —Ben Vaughan
   (...) Steve, Yes, Macs (Stuffit actually) can extract zip files, but I don't think they can deal with self extracting zips as they are packaged as an executable for Windows machines. As for ARJ vs. ZIP, I don't really have much of an opinion on that (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Macintosh Ldraw part files. —Erik Olson
   Stuffit Expander does the right thing with the self-extracting zips too. (at least I have seen it work more than once!) I don't have the full Stuffit package. It's an amazing little program. (it's also down with .gz and tar and who knows what else.) (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad)