 CAD / 4345
Re: L3Lab woes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 01:19:56 GMT

Sproaticus wrote...
In lugnet.cad.dev, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
Also, it would be keen to be able to turn off and on error-reporting (e.g.
missing parts, etc.)  I use this feature when I'm creating a model or fixing • an
old one, but when I'm just viewing models it kinda gets in the way too.

I should point out that it's not errors in my models that are triggering this
message, but rather errors in parts files from the official parts updates.  (1)
This usually happens with patterned parts, like 973S01 (a subfile in the
minifig torso?).

Cheers,
- jsproat

1.  In theory, I do have some level of control in fixing these, but I just
haven't yet, nor has anyone else that I know of...

The problem with s\973s01.dat is that it has a color 24 reference to
a 2-4cyli.dat, to render the mark on the minifig's neck.
(I guess the mark is for automatic optical control of which side of the
minifig to print on?)

I know the DAT file format says nothing about that you are only allowed
to use color 24 for linetypes 2 and 5.
But POV cannot handle it, and therefore L3P and now L3Lab reject it.
However, L3Lab could easily handle color 24 for linetypes 1, 3 and 4.

The 2-4cyli.dat mentioned above is the only instance I know of.
/Lars