 CAD / Development / 4963
Re: L3Lab woes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 21:05:00 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Lars C. Hassing writes:
Sproaticus wrote...
First, when I start up L3Lab, I get a message box telling me that the best
drawings should be rendered in true color (24/32 bit) instead of my measly
64k-color mode.  Well, I'm not gonna change my bit depth, but I'd like to • see
this dialog box go away.
OK, I'll only prompt you only once. But I would like to prompt you.

Once per session, or once per installation?  Once per installation would be
keen.

Also, it would be keen to be able to turn off and on error-reporting (e.g.
missing parts, etc.)  I use this feature when I'm creating a model or fixing an
old one, but when I'm just viewing models it kinda gets in the way too.

Don't you sometimes see unexpected colors?

Nope.

These dialog boxes introduce a serious speed issue when I'm digging through
hundreds of DAT and MPD files.
Are you aware that you can drag a file onto an open L3Lab window from the • Explorer?
This also gives you the benefit of the parts-cache.

Actually, this raises an issue with the parts-cache.  For example, if I launch
an MPD file with a subpart "FOO.DAT", then load another MPD file with a totally
different subfile also named "FOO.DAT", I get multiple offset copies of the old
"FOO.DAT".  Weird.  I'm not toally sure how this should be handled, since it's
still useful to cache MPD subparts.  Perhaps a "flush cache and reload file"
button...?

Aside from these nits, I feel that L3Lab is faster and
overall neater than LDLite.
Thanks

No, thank *you*!.  :-,

Cheers,