 CAD / 4329
Re: 3DS MAX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 16:43:39 GMT

I know one thing that 3DS Max will do is distributed computing.  If you have
a network of 10 computers, it can use all the computers on the network to
render animations faster.  I believe it maxes out at about 10,000
processors, which is more than any of us have access to.  Still, I have 4
workstations at work plus the file server, so I could see some serious speed
increases using that for animations.  I suppose if somebody were to need
some help with a large animation, I could donate my network's off peak hours
for a worthy cause.  (Currently we are running SETI@Home in off-hours)

Mike Poindexter