 CAD / 410
Re: Lining up parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 1 Jan 1999 08:54:15 GMT

On Sun, 27 Dec 1998 21:46:22 GMT, "Matt Marshall"
<Matt@rapturesoft.hypermart.net> wrote:

I've been experimenting with Ledit to model some of the MOC's I have and it
seems that whenever I rotate something the alignment of anything after that
piece and that piece go screwy. Like the LDraw part 2436, whenever I rotate
a part to put on it, I can't get it on right and any pieces after that get
all messed up? Also is there a program where I can use my mouse to model
things and yet still have all the functions of Ledit

The other answers I read here addressed the "go screwy" side, so
here's some tips to fix the "anything after that piece" problem.
Try these techniques:

1. Before doing the rotation on the piece, make another copy of it by
pressing "I".  The go back to the piece you want to rotate by pressing
Page Up.  After you are done with your rotations/alignments on that
piece (even adding more pieces), you will still have that copy of the
original piece that retains the original alignment.  You can then just
Page Down to, change it to what you need, and continue on.

2.  After you've rotated and aligned pieces, and you need to get back
to a "baseline" alignment,  do this:
Add a piece by pressing "I".  Then hit "/ELC" - that's
Edit|Line-Type|Comment - and then Enter.   You can type a comment in
before pressing Enter if you want - that's what it's for.
That converts the current line to a comment line beginning with 0.
Then use "I" on that 0 comment line and LEdit will give you a default
2x4 brick placed at 0,0,0.
A lot faster than trying to manually take a piece all the way back to
0,0,0

-- Terry K --